Author name disambiguation collections
- DBLP collection
- BDBComp collection
- Author name disambiguation methods
- This folder contains the methods used in the work "On the Combination of Domain-Specific Heuristics for Author Name Disambiguation – The Nearest Cluster Method".
- Collections - The Nearest Cluster Method
- This folder contains the collections used in the work "On the Combination of Domain-Specific Heuristics for Author Name Disambiguation – The Nearest Cluster Method"
- Tutorial - Automatic Methods for Disambiguating Author Names in Bibliographic Data Repositories
- Name ambiguity in the context of bibliographic citation records is a hard problem that aects the quality of services and content in digital libraries and similar systems. This problem occurs when an author publishes works under distinct names or distinct authors publish works under similar names. The challenges of dealing with author name ambiguity have led to a myriad of name disambiguation methods. In this tutorial, we characterize such methods by means of a proposed taxonomy, present an overview of some of the most representative ones and discuss open challenges.